Ladli Beti Scheme, Ladli Beti Scheme 2024, Ladli Beti Scheme Documents Required, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Objective, Apply Online, Ladli Beti Scheme Application Form, Ladli Beti Scheme Application Form Pdf etc.
The Ladli Beti Scheme was launched by the government of Jammu & Kashmir for the girl child born on or after 1st April 2015 in the J&K and Ladakh Union Territory. It is a social assistance scheme sponsored by the government to skew the declining female sex ratio.
In this article, we will be sharing all the information regarding the Ladli Beti Scheme like what is ladli beti scheme is, the Ladli Beti scheme eligibility, what documents required, what are the benefits and features, and the objectives of this scheme.
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme: Overview
|Ladli Beti Scheme
|Jammu and Kashmir governments
|Jammu & Kashmir
|girl child should have been born on or after 1st April 2015
Ladli Beti Scheme 2024
Introduced in 2015, Ladli Beti stands as a groundbreaking social assistance initiative designed to empower newborn girls in the Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. Addressing the issue of skewed sex ratios, the scheme takes a proactive approach by offering sustained financial support, thereby facilitating the girls’ education and securing their future.
Ladli Beti operates through a distinctive two-phased deposit plan:
Phase I: Investing for a Brighter Tomorrow (14 years)
- A dedicated savings account is established for each girl child, with the Jammu & Kashmir government depositing ₹1,000 per month for 14 years.
- This consistent investment builds a steadily growing financial safety net for the girl’s future.
- Upon completion (one month after the final installment), the accumulated amount seamlessly transitions to Phase II.
Phase II: Secure Foundations for Tomorrow (7 years)
- The accrued sum from Phase I is transformed into a seven-year Cumulative Term Deposit (CTD), maximizing returns through compounded interest.
- This phase ensures substantial growth of the funds, providing a significant financial contribution towards the girl’s higher education or wedding expenses, thereby alleviating the burden on families.
Upon completion of Phase I (recurring deposit account) maturity, the account will progress to Phase II (Cumulative Term Deposit account). The monthly contribution of ₹1000 in Phase I is provided by the J&K Government. To be eligible, the parents’ annual income from all sources should be less than ₹75,000. Necessary documentation includes the Application Form, KYC norms of the Parent/Guardian, and the sanction letter from the Child Development Project Officer (CDPO).
Ladli Beti Scheme 2024: Objective
The Ladli Beti scheme’s objective is to counteract the decreasing female sex ratio. Additionally, it aims to guarantee that the girl child does not pose a financial burden for her parents or guardians during the time of her marriage.
Ladli Beti Scheme Eligibility
The Ladli Beti Scheme Eligibility Criteria are:
- The initiative is open to girls born on or after April 1, 2015. Girls born before this date are ineligible to create an account.
- Specific to certain areas — Interested parents in Anantnag, Jammu, Budgam, Kathua, Samba, and Pulwama must ensure that all documentation is approved by the CDPO.
- Families with an annual income of less than Rs. 75,000 are eligible to participate in the initiative. This inclusionary measure aims to empower economically disadvantaged individuals in the region.
Ladli Beti Scheme: Benefits & Features
The Benefits and features of the Ladli Beti Scheme are given below:
- A recurring deposit account within this scheme must be started by the natural or legal guardian of the girl child.
- The J&K Government will contribute Rs. 1000 per month from the birth of the girl child or account opening date for the next 14 years, totaling Rs. 168,000. Only this government contribution is permitted in Phase I (RD Account).
- Following the maturity of Phase I (recurring deposit account), the account will progress to Phase II (Cumulative Term Deposit account).
- No partial withdrawals or foreclosures are allowed during any phase of the scheme.
- Maturity benefits will be disbursed to the beneficiary upon reaching 21 years of age, 21 years after the first installment, or 85 months after the last installment, whichever is later. The amount will be credited to the savings bank account of the girl child. Alternatively, the girl child may reinvest the amount in any deposit plan of the bank at card rates.
- The nomination facility is not applicable in this scheme.
- In the unfortunate event of the girl child’s death, the account will be immediately closed, and the balance along with accrued interest will revert to the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh.
- If the beneficiary passes away before turning 21 years old, the Recurring Deposit account/Term Deposit account will be closed before maturity without pre-payment charges.
- The account opened at a specific branch cannot be transferred to another branch, even if the girl child relocates to a different city or locality.
- The beneficiary, parent, or guardian must present a ‘life certificate of the beneficiary (girl child),’ certified by a gazetted officer or the principal of the school/college, every three years and at the time of maturity.
- As the scheme targets households with an annual income of less than Rs. 75,000, no TDS will be deducted as long as the guardian/beneficiary submits form 15G/15H annually and possesses a valid PAN.
Ladli Beti Scheme Apply Online
To apply for the Ladli Beti Scheme, applicants can follow the steps given below:
- Log in via www.jansugam.jk.gov.in or www.eunnat.jk.gov.in using the login credentials established during registration on the Service Plus Portal.
- Select “Apply for Services” on the left side of the screen and locate “Application for obtaining financial assistance under Ladli Beti Scheme.”
- Upload the required documents and click ‘SUBMIT’ to finalize the application.
- Retrieve the Acknowledgement for your personal records and reference. Monitor the application status at different stages and offer feedback through the Rapid Assessment System (RAS).
- The CDPO will either Reject/Revert the application (if deficient), documenting the reasons, or forward it within 15 days to the DPO for approval.
- The DPO will either Reject/Revert, noting reasons (if deficient), or forward the application within 10 days to the Deputy Commissioner for sanction.
- The Deputy Commissioner will either Reject/Revert, recording reasons (if deficient), or approve the application within 10 days, sending it to the Director (Finance) / FA & CAO, Social Welfare Department for the disbursement of financial assistance.
Ladli Beti Scheme Documents Required
To apply for the Ladli Beti Scheme the list of documents required are:
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Include the sanction letter from the Child Development Project Officer (CDPO).
- Submit identity proof for the parents or legal guardians of the girl child (e.g., Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, Driving License, etc.).
- Furnish address proof for the parents or legal guardian of the girl child (e.g., Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Utility Bills, PAN Card, etc.).
- Provide the domicile certificate of the parent/guardian.
- Attach the birth certificate of the girl child.
- Include the Aadhaar number of the girl child.
- Provide the Aadhaar number of the parent/guardian.
- Attach recent passport-size photographs of the girl child.
- Submit bank account details (a copy of the first page of the bank account passbook).
- Provide the income certificate of the parent/guardian (annual income less than or equal to ₹75,000).
Ladli Beti Scheme Form Pdf: Download
- To begin, go to the official website at www.jk.gov.in/jammukashmir.
- Navigate to the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme.
- Click on the “Click Here to Apply for Ladli Beti Scheme” link located in the ‘Go Live Services’ section on the webpage.
- Subsequently, the home login URL for the J&K e-services site will be accessible.
- Select the link for Citizen Registration, and it will redirect you to the CSC Digital Seva Connect page.
- For further assistance, you can visit any nearby CSC, log in using your CSC ID, and complete the online application form for the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme for the year 2023.
Ladli Beti Scheme Important Links
- Official Website for Ladli Beti Scheme: https://jk.gov.in/jammukashmir/
Ladli Beti Scheme 2023: FAQs
What are the age criteria for the Ladli Beti Scheme?
The age requirement for eligibility under the Ladli Beti Scheme stipulates that the girl child must have been born on or after April 1, 2015.
Is Nomination Facility available In the Ladli Beti Scheme?
The nomination facility is not applicable in this scheme. In the unfortunate event of the girl child’s demise, the account will be promptly closed, and the remaining balance, along with the accrued interest, will be reverted to the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh.
When will the maturity benefits be paid to the beneficiary?
The benefits upon maturity in the scheme will be disbursed to the beneficiary when she reaches 21 years of age, or 21 years after the first installment, or 85 months after the last installment, whichever occurs later. The amount will be credited to the savings bank account of the girl child. Nevertheless, the girl child has the freedom to reinvest the amount in any deposit plan offered by the bank at card rates.